MTM is a modern study programme meant to shape up the career of perspective tourism managers at the middle and top management positions in the sector of tourism. It is an academically enriched programme with various management aspects taught during study. Graduates are able to use managerial methods, to develop and implement strategies, to elaborate marketing, economic and/or feasibility studies of tourism enterprises and regions and to take responsibility for a comprehensive solution.
The curriculum of the programme consists of compulsory, compulsory elective and elective courses. The compulsory and compulsory elective courses will give you a strong foundation in core disciplines a well-versed manager has to master. The elective courses will widen your knowledge by a number of specialisations. You can also choose from a selection of optional courses to enrich your study experience by different perspectives.
Study plan and schedule
Download study plan.
Schedule will be available approximately 2 weeks before the start of a semester.
The program is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in management, economics and business-related disciplines. Candidates having bachelor degree in other than business and management related discipline are not eligible to be accepted.
Applicants who have not finished their bachelor’s studies by the date of admission must provide an official confirmation of their ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation. They can be given a conditional offer with the final decision to be taken upon delivery of the proof of completed bachelor’s programme.
The selection is based on the review of submitted documents. Applicants are ordered by results of previous study. There is no written test, but online interview may be part of the admission process.
Disclosure: We reserve the right to not open the program in case not enough number of eligible candidates is selected. In such case, the application fee will be returned to the candidate based on written application for a refund (signed, scanned and delivered by an-email).
How to apply and required documents
Each applicant needs to fill out an online application form. It is necessary to add scans of required documents to an online application or send them to an e-mail
- Completed application form
- Certified true copy of bachelor’s diploma in English or Slovak (hard copy sent by post + scan)*
- Official transcript of records in English or Slovak
- Official confirmation of ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation in English (in case you have not finished your studies yet)
- Short CV or resume in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Copy of an identity card or passport
- Proof of payment of the application fee 90€
- Certified true copy of the recognition of your bachelor diploma (hard copy sent by post + scan) **
* If you do not have your diploma yet at the time of filling out an application form, you can still apply, but please sent us your diploma along with transcript of records as soon as possible upon receiving it.
**Please note that you have to provide us a certified true copy of the recognition of your diploma issued by a foreign education institution by enrollment day. You can download the application and find more information about nostrification.
The candidate is obliged to prove meeting the basic requirements for admission to the master’s degree study on the day of enrollment to the study at the latest. If the candidate fails to submit a certified true copy of bachelor’s diploma and a certified true copy of the recognition of bachelor diploma on the day of enrollment to the study at the latest, candidate‘s right to be enrolled to the study expires.
Without these documents, it is not possible to obtain a decree on full admission to the study; only a decree on provisional admission can be issued. If candidate needs an Acceptance letter earlier, for the purpose of issuing visa, above mentioned documents have to be delivered earlier.
Knowledge you acquire
You will learn and understand:
- economic context and possible consequences of team management decision-making throughout creative simulations in hotels and travel agencies,
- application of technologies in distribution systems (Opera),
- the importance of tourism at international market,
- sustainable tourism development principles,
- technique of tourism services,
- marketing management of international events,
- economic context in family business,
- destination tourism management at regional level,
- tourism management at business level,
- spa and wellness processes.
Job opportunities after graduation
- the programme is designed to suit those in the line of tourism, hotel management, travel agencies, air transportation, etc.
- It provides a broad learning and training experience that helps graduates to find the job also in regional tourism organizations, associations, in state administration and self-government organizations and/or non-profit institutions in the field of tourism and regional development.
3 good reasons to join the program
- develop and improve your knowledge and skills, deepen your understanding about tourism, how the tourism industry is organised and developed
- take the opportunity to be part of dynamic and constantly evolving industry where every day is different
- career in tourism offers endless opportunities – only the sky is the limit to where you can work