MTM is a modern study programme meant to shape up the career of perspective tourism managers at the middle and top management positions in the sector of tourism. It is an academically enriched programme with various management aspects taught during study. Graduates are able to use managerial methods, to develop and implement strategies, to elaborate marketing, economic and/or feasibility studies of tourism enterprises and regions and to take responsibility for a comprehensive solution.
The programme is designed to suit those in the line of tourism, hotel management, travel agencies, air transportation, etc. It provides a broad learning and training experience that helps graduates to find the job also in regional tourism organizations, associations, in state administration and self-government organizations and/or non-profit institutions in the field of tourism and regional development.
The curriculum of the programme consists of compulsory, compulsory elective and elective courses. The compulsory and compulsory elective courses will give you a strong foundation in core disciplines a well-versed manager has to master. The elective courses will widen your knowledge by a number of specialisations. You can also choose from a selection of optional courses to enrich your study experience by different perspectives.
You will learn and understand:
- economic context and possible consequences of team management decision-making throughout creative simulations in hotels and travel agencies,
- application of technologies in distribution systems (Opera),
- the importance of tourism at international market,
- sustainable tourism development principles,
- technique of tourism services,
- marketing management of international events,
- economic context in family business,
- destination tourism management at regional level,
- tourism management at business level,
- spa and wellness processes.
Download flyer HERE.
The programme is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in management, economics and business-related disciplines. Applicants who have not finished their bachelor’s studies by the date of admission must provide an official confirmation of their ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation. They can be given a conditional offer with the final decision to be taken upon delivery of the proof of completed bachelor’s programme.
The selection process is based on the review of submitted documents.
Please note that you have to provide us a certified true copy of the recognition of your diploma issued by a foreign education institution by enrollment day. You can download the application for academic recognition of a diploma HERE and find more information about nostrification HERE.
Talented students with excellent academic performance are eligible for EUBA’s motivation scholarship.
A number of external scholarships are also available. For more information please visit webpage of the Slovak Academic Information Agency.
Students from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine and the rest of the Visegrad countries can be considered for the Visegrad Scholarship.
Please note that these are external scholarship schemes and are not administrated by the EUBA.
3 good reasons to join Master in Tourism Management program
- develop and improve your knowledge and skills, deepen your understanding about tourism, how the tourism industry is organised and developed
- take the opportunity to be part of dynamic and constantly evolving industry where every day is different
- career in tourism offers endless opportunities – only the sky is the limit to where you can work