As a graduate of the study program "General Management" you will achieve significant qualitative progress in the field of managerial, financial and information literacy that will enable you with the skills to better manage complex economic situations and tasks in real as well as online environment. You will be ready to work in management positions across the entire organizational structure of the company and you will also get higher acceptance in sectors such as banking, insurance, state and public administration. You will also be able to proactively lead scientific and professional teams, organize their work and assist in finding and implementing specific project management solutions.
The curriculum of the programme consists of compulsory, compulsory elective and elective courses. The compulsory and compulsory elective courses will give you a strong foundation in core disciplines a well-versed manager has to master: financial management, information technology management, personnel management and business management. The elective courses will give you an opportunity to widen you knowledge by a number of specialisations. You can also choose from a selection of optional courses to enrich your study experience by different perspectives.
Study plan and schedule
Download study plan.
Schedule will be available approximately 2 weeks before the start of a semester.
The program is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in management, economics and business-related disciplines (e.g. commerce, finance, travel and tourism, etc.). Candidates having bachelor degree in other than business and management related discipline are not eligible to be accepted.
Applicants who have not finished their bachelor’s studies by the date of admission must provide an official confirmation of their ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation. They can be given a conditional offer with the final decision to be taken upon delivery of the proof of completed bachelor’s programme.
The selection is based on the review of submitted documents. There is no written examination, but video interview may be part of the admission process. The most important criteria of selection is compatibility of previous study, study results and quality of motivation letter.
Disclosure: We reserve the right to not open the program in case not enough number of eligible candidates is selected. In such case, the application fee will be returned to the candidate based on written application for a refund (signed, scanned and delivered by an-email).
How to apply and required documents
Each applicant needs to fill out an online application form. It is necessary to add scans of required documents to an online application or send them to an e-mail
- Completed online application form
- Certified true copy of bachelor’s diploma in English or Slovak (hard copy sent by post + scan) *
- Official transcript of records in English or Slovak
- Official confirmation of ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation in English (in case you have not finished your studies yet)
- Short CV or resume in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Copy of an identity card or passport
- Proof of payment of the application fee 90€
- Certified true copy of the recognition of your bachelor diploma (hard copy sent by post + scan)**
* If you do not have your diploma yet at the time of filling out an application form, you can still apply, but please sent us your diploma along with transcript of records as soon as possible upon receiving it.
**Please note that you have to provide us a certified true copy of the recognition of your diploma issued by a foreign education institution by enrollment day. You can download the application and find more information about nostrification.
The candidate is obliged to deliver certified true copy of a bachelor diploma and certified true copy of the recognition of bachelor diploma on the day of enrollment to the study at the latest. Information on the payment of the tuition fee will be provided on an enrollment day.
Knowledge you acquire
Master‘s study program “General Management” is aimed to provide you with an advanced knowledge of core disciplines such as business management or personnel management, that develope strategic thinking, vision, leadership and the ability to lead subordinates and project teams. You will also acquire an advanced ability to work with data and information, using modern analytical methods based on available information and communication technologies. The aim is to provide you also with the knowledge of how to evaluate stimuli from the economic environment and respond to them adequately, as well as monitor new trends and identify further development trends. General knowledge can be further developed by selecting an additional specialization during the studies, that will enable you to enhance necessary knowledge, significantly strengthen competence and acquire skills in the field of business management, financial management, personnel management, or information management.
Job opportunities after graduation
- management positions across the entire organizational structure of the company and higher acceptance in sectors such as banking, insurance, state and public administration.
- being able to proactively lead scientific and professional teams, organize their work and assist in finding and implementing specific project management solutions.
- working in international environment, both as a member of the work team, or leader, as well as an entrepreneur
Preparing for an international career? International agreements signed with partner universities enable you to pursue MGM as a double degree program with EM Strasbourg Business School in France, Prague University of Economics and Business in Czech Republic or The Business School of the Ningbo University in China. Two degrees from two renowned universities are an excellent stepping stone into an international career in Europe and/or Asia, and pretty much anywhere else in the world.
The quality of the study program is reflected in the degree of internationalization of recognition and in the credits transfer from study and internship mobilities. The high compatibility of the study content provides you with the opportunity to travel and continue your studies at any foreign university of economics or management and thus develop your competence even more.
3 good reasons to join the program
- graduating the program qualifies our students for many opportunities of the labour market, employability of our graduates is almost 100%
- program offers acquiring capabilities for leadership and top management positions build by cooperation at our partner universities
- programs qualifies our graduates for further research and doctoral studies in economics, business and management study fields
„The General Management study program at EUBA offers interesting managerial courses usually led by lecturers with experience from real life. Students have wide international opportunities in the form of study mobilities or internships. The study program is a great starting point as it opens up new horizons and it depends on the student which managerial area he/she chooses in further professional career“.
Adriana B., graduate of the program from Slovakia
“General management programme is a good choice for those who see themselves working in any management positions. Programme focuses on the various aspects of management and puts emphasis mainly on the real-life practice and solving problems in real world. The majority of professors are real professionals in their field of expertise. There are various options regarding mobilities and career choices for students of GM.”
Marek U., current student from Slovakia
The courses in the Master General Management are mostly held in small groups. This gives the professors the opportunity to respond to the students' questions in a focused way, so that the students can gain an in-depth understanding of the topics covered.
Matthias S., current student from Germany