Graduates of the master study program Applied Economics master the empirical economics and work with data and statistics, which gives them a significant competitive advantage in the market, and they can find employment in various fields.
The curriculum of the programme consists of compulsory and elective courses. The compulsory courses provide you strong grounding in microeconomics, macroeconomics, applied econometrics, econometric modeling and analysis. Next, you will have an opportunity to specialise according to your preference choosing some of the electives. You can also choose from a selection of optional courses or to spend up to one or two semesters at one of our partner universities abroad.
Study plan and schedule
Download study plan.
Schedule will be available approximately 2 weeks before the start of a semester.
The program is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in finance, management, economics and business-related disciplines (e.g. commerce, finance, travel and tourism, etc.). Candidates having bachelor degree in other than business and management related discipline are not eligible to be accepted.
Applicants who have not finished their bachelor’s studies by the date of admission must provide an official confirmation of their ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation. They can be given a conditional offer with the final decision to be taken upon delivery of the proof of completed bachelor’s programme.
The selection is based on the review of submitted documents. There is no written examination, but online interview may be part of the admission process. During an interview, candidate's motivation for studying of the selected study program, basic orientation in professional issues, language level, as well as orientation in the basic realities of Slovakia are checked.
Disclosure: We reserve the right to not open the program in case not enough number of eligible candidates is selected. In such case, candidates are offered the opportunity to be admitted to a degree programme in English (offered by the same faculty) which opens.
How to apply and required documents
Each applicant needs to fill out an online application form. It is necessary to add scans of required documents to an online application or send them to an e-mail
- Completed application form
- Certified true copy of bachelor’s diploma in English or Slovak (hard copy sent by post + scan) *
- Official transcript of records in English or Slovak
- Official confirmation of ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation in English (in case you have not finished your studies yet)
- Proof of proficiency in English (IELTS 6.0 or comparable, native speakers and applicants who studied at least 1 semester in English are exempt. IELTS, Cambridge English Test, TOEFL are accepted language certificates.)
- Short CV or resume in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Copy of an identity card or passport
- One academic reference in English
- Proof of payment of the application fee 60€
- Certified true copy of the recognition of your bachelor diploma (hard copy sent by post + scan) **
* If you do not have your diploma yet at the time of filling out an application form, you can still apply, but please sent us your diploma along with transcript of records as soon as possible upon receiving it.
**Please note that you have to provide us a certified true copy of the recognition of your diploma issued by a foreign education institution by enrollment day. You can download the application and find more information about nostrification.
In order to receive an Acceptance letter, we need to receive a certified true copy of your bachelor diploma or certified true copy of the Recognition of your bachelor diploma, delivered by post to the study department of the faculty by enrollment day. If candidate needs an Acceptance letter earlier, for the purpose of issuing visa, above mentioned document has to be delivered earlier. The 2nd condition to receive an Acceptance letter is to pay the tuition fee for the whole academic year.
Tuition fee has to be paid as one payment, in full amount for the whole academic year. It is not possible to pay the tuition fee in installments. Students can be refunded their tuition fee payment in case of visa refusal. You will be given the refund if you send us the scanned copy of your visa refusal letter.
Knowledge you acquire
The graduate has general and professional knowledge in the field of micro and macroeconomics, data analysis and policy evaluation of a strategic decisions, which can be applied in specialized areas, such as industrial, behavioural, labour market, urban or regional economics, or economic development.
Job opportunities after graduation
- economic analyst and specialist either in private or public sector, including management positions in the regional, national or international level.
- within the private sector or non-profit organisations in positions that require comprehensive economic knowledge and analytical skills.
- Among the typical jobs in the private sector one can include positions in analytic teams of large companies (such as business analyst, data manager or economic consultant.
- In the public sector, graduates work in leading positions dealing with economic analysis and forecasting, analysis and setting of the public policy, financial analysis etc.
3 good reasons to join the program
- possibility to study abroad for every student
- professors with international experience
- practical experience throughout the study