The graduate of the bachelor's study program Applied Economics works in professional positions in the private and public sector, which require economic knowledge, analytical skills, as well as independent conceptual economic thinking. The graduate is able to critically analyze economic phenomena and processes and synthesize knowledge of economics and economic analysis. The graduate is able to identify and solve complex social problems and propose creative practical solutions based on economic principles. The graduate has extensive knowledge in the field of microeconomics, macroeconomics, knowledge of other economic disciplines, e.g. finance and business sciences, and practical knowledge of statistics, econometrics and economic analysis. The graduate has practical skills in analytical techniques and statistical methods applied to current economic problems. The graduate will find employment in various positions of specialists in economic and analytical sections of companies, in public and state administration, ministries, consulting and advisory companies in Slovakia and abroad.
The curriculum of the programme consists of compulsory and elective courses. The compulsory courses will give you a strong foundation in core disciplines: micro and macroeconomics, quantitative methods and foreign languages. The elective courses will give you an opportunity to widen your knowledge and specialise according to your preference. You can also choose from a selection of optional courses to enrich your study experience by different perspectives.
Study plan and schedule
Download study plan.
Schedule will be available approximately 2 weeks before the start of a semester.
The program is open to applicants with complete secondary education who pass all parts of a written entrance examination consisting of: Aptitude test and English language test. Applicants who passed the admission test but have not finished their secondary education by the date of admission can be given a conditional offer and have to present the proof of finished secondary education no later than on the enrolment day.
Disclosure: We reserve the right to not open the program in case not enough number of eligible candidates is selected. In such case, candidates are offered the opportunity to be admitted to a degree programme in English (offered by the same faculty) which opens.
- The entrance examination consists of an Aptitude test and English language test, each consisting of 25 questions.
- Entrance examination will be ONLINE during the last week of March, 2023.
- Each candidate who successfully completes an online application and pay an admission fee will receive an invitation to entrance examination one month prior to examination.
- The date of the entrance examination stated in the invitation to the entrance examination is binding.
- The evaluation of the tests will be in progress on the day of the entrance examination using computer technology (automated evaluation). After answering all the questions and sending the test, each candidate will see the sum of the points obtained for all answers.
- The candidate can obtain a maximum of 200 points for the results of the entrance exam. The sum of the points obtained from all parts of the entrance examination will be used to create a qualitative ranking of candidates. According to the overall result of the entrance examination, the applicants will be ranked so that the number 1 will be awarded to the applicant with the maximum number of points and the highest order number will be given to the applicant with the minimum number of points.
- Applicants will receive notification of the overall result of the admission procedure in written form at the registered address within 30 days from the end of the entrance examination.
Aptitude test: Successful completion of the "General Study Prerequisites" test requires basic knowledge of economy and economics, international economic relations, law, and political science within the scope of the secondary school curriculum in civics and the field of financial literacy in the third level according to the National Financial Literacy Standard version 1.2. The candidate is expected to be able to think logically and know the basics of mathematics within the scope of high school curricula.
Language test: The compilation of the tests assumes that the candidates master the subject matter in the prescribed scope of secondary school vocabulary and grammar. Vocabulary includes the vocabulary needed in everyday situations (shopping, traveling, eating, etc.), thematic areas of everyday life (family, school, work, city, environmental protection, etc.}, and knowledge of culture, history, and nations speaking the relevant foreign language. In grammar, all grammatical phenomena are tested, both basic and specific, which are necessary for adequate communication.
All applicants are allowed to take the admission test only once in a given year.
Please note that we are not granting any waivers from either part of the entrance examination.
There is also a possibility to take the exam with SCIO company (It is the implementer and guarantor of National Comparative Exams in Slovakia and Czech Republic) which offers to take a professional tests for acceptance exam. Read more on website: https://www.scio.sk/english/about-us2.asp.
Succesfull passing of the exam in General Academic Prerequisites (General skills and aptitudes test) and English Language with a score of 60 percentile of each test gives the applicant permission to become a student of EUBA. All parts of the test must be successfully completed until March 4, 2023 (GAP test being held on February 4, 2023 and English test being held on March 4, 2023).
How to apply and required documents
Each applicant needs to fill out an online application form. It is necessary to add scans of required documents to an online application or send them to an e-mail
- Completed online application form
- Certified true copy of the secondary school graduation certificate in English or Slovak (hard copy sent by post + scan) *
- Certified true copy of the Recognition of secondary school graduation certificate (hard copy sent by post + scan) **
- Proof of payment of the application fee 60€
* If you do not have your diploma yet at the time of filling out an application form, you can still apply, but please sent us your diploma along with transcript of records as soon as possible upon receiving it.
**Please note that you have to provide us a certified true copy of the recognition of your diploma issued by a foreign education institution by enrollment day. You can download the application and find more information about nostrification.
In order to receive an Acceptance letter, we need to receive a certified true copy of the secondary school graduation certificate or certified true copy of the Recognition of secondary school graduation certificate, delivered by post to the study department of the faculty by enrollment day. If candidate needs an Acceptance letter earlier, for the purpose of issuing visa, above mentioned document has to be delivered earlier. The 2nd condition to receive an Acceptance letter is to pay the tuition fee for the whole academic year.
Tuition fee has to be paid as one payment, in full amount for the whole academic year. It is not possible to pay the tuition fee in installments. Students can be refunded their tuition fee payment in case of visa refusal. You will be given the refund if you send us the scanned copy of your visa refusal letter.
Knowledge you acquire
The graduate is able to critically analyze economic phenomena and processes and synthesize knowledge of economics and economic analysis. The graduate is able to identify and solve complex social problems and propose creative practical solutions based on economic principles. The graduate has extensive knowledge in the field of microeconomics, macroeconomics, knowledge of other economic disciplines, e.g. finance and business sciences, and practical knowledge of statistics, econometrics and economic analysis. The graduate has practical skills in analytical techniques and statistical methods applied to current economic problems.
Job opportunities after graduation
- professional positions in the private and public sector, which require economic knowledge, analytical skills, as well as independent conceptual economic thinking.
- various positions of specialists in economic and analytical sections of companies, in public and state administration, ministries, consulting and advisory companies in Slovakia and abroad.
3 good reasons to join the program
- possibility to study abroad for every student
- practical experience throughout the study
- wide selection of elective courses